Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Kaeden won't stay in h is crib

So Sunday night we put Kaeden to bed at 8:30. He screamed as I was laying him in his bed. Usually when he screams we know he isn't ready to sleep yet. So I waited 'till 9:15 and tried again. He still didn't want to sleep but we put him to bed and left him thinking he would just scream it out. Yeah.. 10:00 rolls around and Justin and I just went to bed and all of a sudden the screaming stops, and we hear a thud. Justin got out of bed to see what the noise was, and guess who was standing outside our door with all of his blankies? Yeah, he climbed out of his crib. So I take him back to his bedroom and hold him for a bit to calm him down and get him to sleep. Well, I thought he was asleep but he screamed once again as soon as I put him down. So I held him again for another 30 min to make sure he is sleeping.. FINALLY he fell asleep.
Monday night rolls around and we were dreading bedtime. We put him in his bed and yes, he screamed. So I left him there to scream. About 30 seconds later he comes walking into our bedroom. I picked him up, told him it was bedtime and put him back in his crib. Once again he comes into our room and Justin takes him back. This happened about 7 times, but he finally gave up! We learned this trick from watching Supernanny. The first time the kid gets up, you tell them it's nightnight time and put them back. If they continue to get up you are not supposed to say a word but just put them back. TOTALLY WORKS!
Tonight, he didn't scream or get out of his crib but the night's not over yet!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

How frustrating!! But I love Supernanny- she has some awesome tips & I'm glad one worked for you:)

Anonymous said...

oh no! Is it time for a big boy bed?

~me

The Hawkins Family said...

Wow. I hope and pray Logan doesn't learn how to get out of his crib, I could see him breaking an arm or something. I am so glad your trick worked though. Good for you guys.

Anonymous said...

time for a new post...

-me